About Us / Centre
Payments, Donations & Standing Orders
Norwich Buddhist Centre relies on the generosity of everyone who attends.
BANK DETAILS FOR ONLINE TRANSFERS
Sort code - 089299 Account number - 65618262
REFERENCE - please use the reference in event above or put a brief description (i.e. Mon Meditation) it's really helpful!
CARD AND PAYPAL PAYMENT VIA WEBSITE BOOKING
If you do not do online banking, simply 'BOOK A PLACE' through the website event and you can pay via your credit/debit card or PayPal. Click the link in the specific event to take you to the specific booking page for that event on our website.
Pay directly from your PayPal account. Log into your account and select 'send', enter our email address - email@example.com - and click 'next', enter the amount and add a note to tells us what the payment is for.
You can make an online donation via the bank (see above) with 'dana' as the reference.
Via Givey click here for details.
Via your PayPal account to firstname.lastname@example.org with 'dana' in the notes.
TO SET UP A MONTHLY STANDING ORDER
Usually you can do this by setting up a 'regular payment' in your online banking or via telephone banking.Sort code and account number as above.
Reference - YOUR NAME + STO (or similar)
PLEASE EMAIL THE CENTRE to let us know you've done this.
CAN'T AFFORD TO PAY?
Norwich Buddhist Centre relies on the generosity of people attending our events. However, we recognise that in these difficult circumstances, you may feel unable to pay for our classes. As always, please feel free to attend, even if you do not have the means to pay - you will be very welcome! For bookable events, please contact the team.
Join Us Online with Zoom
To access our online events you will need to use the Zoom app on your device with a camera/webcam. 1. Firstly download the FREE Zoom app at https://zoom.us/signup
2. Each event we offer will have a specific link. The links automatically open the Zoom app and take you to the specific meeting/class.
3. Links can be found - on the website event, in the Weekly Email or on Norwich Buddhist Centre Facebook Page. If it is a course you will be sent the link via email.
Please always check your junk/spam folder for the link.
4. Do join 5/10 mins early if you're new.
5. Then, when you've clicked the link and Zoom has opened a. Click - 'join a meeting''b. Click - 'join with video'c. Click - 'call using internet audio' (and check your device's sound is up)
Mail Order Shop
You can still buy books, cards and incense, even though we remain closed.
By using the link below, you will be able to see some of what we have available. Simply;
1) Look at the list and choose your book or incense - or book a Zoom session to select cards (see info on the list)..
2) Pay - By bank transfer Sort code - 089299 Account number - 65618262 or via Paypal to email@example.com. Please put BOOKSHOP as the reference so that we can see what it's for. Your name will come through automatically on the statement.
2) Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your order and to let us know you have paid and include your address.
Amazon we are not, but we will be posting out once a week and please remember that every purchase helps the Centre directly. We will be adding to the list as we go and will keep you up to date via this newsletter.
Here's the link!
We are fortunate to have a large team of volunteers who help at the Centre on a daily basis. The Centre would not be open without them and they help with everything from reception work, admin, publicity distribution and graphic design, to plumbing, cleaning and electrical work.
People volunteer here for many reasons. Some because they want to learn new skills, or be around practising Buddhists more or just because they want to help! We can offer volunteers supervision and training at the Centre and welcome people of all backgrounds. We cannot though (due to a lack of capacity) offer one-to-one supervision to people with significant learning difficulties.
If are interested in volunteering please contact the Centre on 01603 627 034.
Our Library provides a great resource with an extensive selection of books from different Buddhist traditions. We have sections on Tibetan Buddhism, Zen Buddhism, children's books, DVDs, and many more. We also have a wide array of canonical literature (most of these are available for use in Library, as 'reference only').
People who have taken a course with us and regularly attend the Centre are welcome to borrow books, CDs, and DVDs. We ask for a small donation when borrowing items from the Library.
We have two shrine rooms at the centre. Our small shrine room on the main floor is generally used for study groups and small meetings. It also holds meditation classes one night a week.
The main shrine room (pictured left) is a beautiful room with original strutted wooden beams. We have an original thangka (Buddhist Icon painting) by a local artist called Aloka which is the centrepiece to the shrine.